Monday, March 07, 2005

Mad Mullahs Go Boom!

In my opinion, the Iranians are seeking an "instant" nuclear weapons capability. They already have developed and deployed ballistic missiles.

They only need The Bomb and boom!

But I don't think we'll find out about it first. Unlike North Korea, I think the mullahs actually intend to use it.

That is the logical progression to Khomeini's question: "If we have the power, what are we waiting for? Why are we holding back?" (Quoted from memory; someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

(First published at The Adventures of Chester)

Is there an answer? Does the U.S. military need to intervene? Or is there another way?

After the Khomeini's "students" captured the U.S. embassy in 1979, they pieced back together and published shredded documents detailing U.S. involvement in Iranian affairs. The primary purpose of doing so was to instill a lasting hatred in the Iranian population of The Great Satan.

I wonder if today, when Iranians read these documents, the mullahs achieve the effect they so desired. Or do they achieve the exact opposite?

(First published at The New Sisyphus.)

No comments: